Sunday, June 18, 2006

At Gun Point

As I was just exiting the campus gate going to church, a white golf stopped carrying two guys.

 

One in the passenger seat leaned over to ask me what the time was.  Pulling out my phone to tell him the time, he opened the door and there he pointed a gun right into my face.

"Come closer to me", he quietly and repeatedly commanded me.  I was holding a camera because it was a Youth Sunday and I knew there was going to be some dancing at Church so I had to take it.

This is the point when God came in as.  I handed over the phone; another car came from the same direction. This guy got scared and leaned unto the car hiding the gun behind him.

Having seen the car close enough, I decided to run as fast as I could.  Hey!! God made us special.   I never new that I could run that fast.  I now respect my legs more than ever.  They can take me along way.

Anyway, as I ran, I left the phone behind close to this guy's feet.  I could never bend to grab it. He would have kicked me at least, if not brave enough to shoot.    A few feet away still sprinting, my wallet fell.  Did I even dare pick it up??  Nope.  I just kept running till I turned somewhere secure.

 

Having monitored and known that the guys had gone, I returned.  Frightened and scared to death, and even sweating that early morning.  I've seen and heard the gunshot at my side, but never had it pointed to my face.

 

With thanks and a deep breath, I viewed my wallet from a far and ran to it. The phone was gone.

The most shocking of all, is that this is what I dreamt. Somebody shooting me and I actually shot back.  

However, when I woke up, I told God I really don't want this to come to me ever in my life.

I now ask my self, wasn't my prayer strong enough? Naah, I realise now that God speaks to us in my different ways, and that it's up to us to carefully listen and ask him to help us understand what he is saying to us.

 
Be blessed as you TRUST in the Lord.

I'm ALIVE hurray!!

 

No comments: