A Saved Moth
In one of my early morning showers, I encountered a situation. A moth. Fighting its way-out of the water that insisted on draining it into the hole.
I turned on the shower and there I saw a moth in the drain. With all its might, it flapped its wings fighting for life against the draining cold water. Gradually I saw it reduce the flaps and then it quit. Rushing through my mind, words like “Wow! Buddy, this is not the right time to quit!” I then realised the water had warmed up, so I ran to its rescue.
Like the moth, many of us try to run away from our help during critical moments with a natural thought that we might further more be endangered and hurt, the moth flapped harder as I moved closer and eventually ended up at the edge of the drainage hole. For a moment I froze.
Then with all the care, love and my wanting life for this poor creature, I unhurriedly bent down to save it from the edge of the hole. Anguish, pain and a sudden shiver flooded my body as it flapped twice and was swallowed by the hole.
It reminded me in life that we do have people who really and honestly want to care, Jesus being the ultimate example, but we somehow hurt them by fleeing from their love and care. Realistically, often we’ve hurt Jesus this way. One who is wanting and for a long time has been his ambition to give us eternal life to that point of being nailed on the cross for us.
If you thought the story had ended, you will be happy to know it still unravels.
Having stood frozen and looking down the hole, thinking of what has happened to the poor moth, I suddenly heard the simple flap sounds and the crescendo was unbelievable. Had I not been with quick reflexes, I would have had a mashed moth in my face. Well fair enough I would have been in its way. The creature really shot up. Ever seen a rocket on fire? Well, presumably, in films for most of us.
Taking a closer look into the hole, there was another drainage pipe pouring hotter water. It then came to mind that this poor thing encountered a harsher environment and situation so it decided to return to where I was. Not that I was nice for starting the shower!
This struck me in a way that for some several minutes, I forgot all about my showering. The poor moth landed on the edge of the hole and then, I saved it from going back in. It let me do it this time without struggling. And hey! My question to it was, “Why didn’t you let me do this for you in the beginning? Did you really have to go through all this?”
And again back to us, do we really have to wait until we encounter the hotter water in our lives so that we run to or back to Jesus? I know the second chance might mean a lot since we’ve experienced that hotter water, but let’s ask ourselves, what if we are not that lucky to return to the surface for the second chance?
Wouldn’t one regret that they hadn’t taken the first opportunity before the hotter water?
Amazing, I was right there waiting for this moth to come back. To my amusement, I never knew it would return but waited and had hoped that it might.
This is exactly how Jesus waits for us. The difference is that he gives eternal life and knows whether or not you will return. Hey! The first chance was free but was also ignored.
Should we then blame friends for not leading us to the first touch of Jesus? Hopefully not, because you have it right here and now. All you have to do is read out this prayer now:
Dear Jesus,
I really have sinned and do not want to miss your touch again.
Please forgive me.
I ask you Lord Jesus to come into my life right now. Change all that had failed me, write me in the book of life and restore me into your kingdom.
I accept you as Lord and savoir of my life.
Amen.
That is a decision you’ve made and will never ever have to make in your life again.
It’s done! The Angels were listening and Jesus right beside you, smiles. Imagine how happy you’ve made him!
Heaven has caught ablaze and a party has already been initiated for you.
Welcome to God’s Family.
Brother in Christ
Morris Kabuye
No comments:
Post a Comment